Limited Edition
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Limited Edition

pve guild

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shaman Builds

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Prekok

Shaman Builds Empty
PostSubject: Shaman Builds   Shaman Builds Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 1:46 am

Hello all,

You can find below some shamans builds for both PvE and PvP and a few quotes and comments for the shaman specs.

Elemental
Quote :
The problem for raiding elemental shamans is that their unique group buff (Totem of Wrath) is rather weak, and not by itself enough to guarantee a raid spot, therefore it's the least common endgame build. Still they are able to hold their own in the DPS meters (although Mages and Warlocks usually beat them). They usually gain raid spots only when no other choice is available. In 5 man groups, they are well liked, particularly because they're able emergency healers (spell DPS and healer gear has quite some synergies).
Although I agree and the Elemental Shamans' damage input is somehow lower than other caster classes, but the totems (Wrath of Air, Mana Spring, Totem of Wrath) are useful for the party and the damage can be easily boosted by a high amount of spell hit (along with spell critical and haste in my opinion).

PvE - Elemental Shaman build

Enhancement
Quote :
As in solo play, this talent tree provides the highest DPS a shaman can deliver. Considering melee damage output it's second only to Rogues, and close to DPS Warriors. Beyond the DPS, Windfury Totem can increase the damage output of the other melee classes by as much as 5%, together with the AP buff from Unleashed Rage and the other totems, raid leaders are usually happy to invite one enhancement shaman to any raid to boost the melee DPS group. A second one may get a spot in the tank group.
As you can see above, the Enhancement Shamans are quite worshiped in raid groups and they have a higher damage input than Elemental Shamans. In both builds the spell hit is a MUST and it will remain so.

PvE - Enhancement Shaman build

Restoration
Quote :
Resto shamans are fully capable raid/group healers, with some individual strengths which no other healing class provides. Chain Heal is the most mana efficient and universally usable group heal over all classes.
Well, I guess it's true; although our class lacks CC (shackle undead), major buffs (fortitude or blessings) and HoT spells, overall they are more effective than any other class at raid healing. There will always be room for one more Resto Shaman.

PvE - Restoration Shaman build

Hoping than i haven't messed up the links, this is all i have to say regarding the raid builds.
The only thing you must remember is Hit rating, good luck and have fun!

Now, going towards the PvP area we've all noticed then the shamans lack crowd control (tauren shaman ftw Neutral ) but this can be sometimes canceled by the healing ability.
I've posted below my PvP builds and i hope that you'll come up with better ones since i'm a bit rusty Smile

PvP Enhancement
PvP Elemental
PvP Restoration

I'm waiting for your replies regarding what I've stated above and more.

Good Luck and Have Fun,
Marian.
Back to top Go down

Shaman Builds
Page 1 of 1